Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Hand of God





So. For those of you that do not know, i was in a car accident January 6, 2011 at 5:45pm. To clear the rumors of what exactly happened I am going to tell you. I was leaving for play practice but I had something to take to my best friends house so i drove there. no one answered the door so i left but i went the long way going around there block ( kinda by the police department.) I was headed toward the high school and got to the intersection between the south end of the football field and McDonalds. I stopped and looked i saw a truck which i thought was wayy back so i went. when i looked again he was about to hit me. I was buckled up thank goodness because when he hit me ( t-boned )
it lifted up my back tires and spun me 180 degrees an then tipped me on my side( at which point me seat belt came unbuckled.) I dislocated my knee cap and was trapped in my car. I had the cell phone with me and when the car tipped over it landed right on my lap so i called 911. I thought i was calm but i guess i wasn't. i also called mindy flake my music teacher and told her i couldn't make it to play practice( i dont remember that at all. i was told the next day) The firefighters got to the scene so fast. They cut me out of my windshield and took me to the hospital because my knee.
( they cut my pants i only had for a week :P ) On the way to the hospital the EMT gave me a blessing. It is such a blessing to live in a place where everyone knows you and EMT's can give you a blessing. At the hospital they asked me a lot of questions ( none that i can remember) and then because my heart was racing they cut my ASU shirt of f :( to put a heart monitor on. They gave me medication and then put my knee into place, and that hurt so bad. ( During all of this i was all by myself because my parents were at the temple. they got taken out of the session and were told that i was in a serious car wreck and they needed to go and meet me at the hospital. Another blessing that they were there so angels could protect me) Then my parents came right when the nurses were taking me to get X-Rays. Just them being there made me feel a little better. A little over an hour later i was released to go home they gave me meds and i was on my way.
I am so very lucky because this could of been so much worse. I know that God was watching me and took care of me.
I guess I need to find my purpose here on earth because He sent angels to protect me that night.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

I'm so glade my cousin is still alive........I LOVE U<3 xoxoxoxo

DeWitts said...

i'm so glad you are okay. what a scary thing. you're one special girl, i hope you never forget that. love ya!